Wednesday 15 February 2017

(back of) newsletter, 19th February 2017


RESPONSORIAL PSALM:  The Lord is compassion and love.

 

PRAYER

Dear God, in the battle that goes on in life,

I ask for a field that is fair.

A chance that is equal in all of the strife,

A chance to do and to dare.

And if I should win, let it be by the code,

With my heart and my honour held high;

But if I should lose, let me stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

 

 

TRAINEE TEACHERS

Do you want to inspire young people and consider training to be an RE teacher in a secondary school? Do you want to discuss possible routes to becoming an RE teacher? If so, then please contact either Sally Dudley, Recruitment Lead at Sussex University s.e.dudley@sussex.ac.uk or 01273 877050 or Claire Rooney, RE Curriculum Tutor for Sussex University  claire.rooney123@btinternet.com or 07710550339

We are keen to talk with any potential trainees for September 2017 and support you in your training with the University of Sussex and would welcome an informal phone call or email.
 

PALLOTTINE PRAYER

Lord, make me a better person, more considerate towards others, more honest with myself, more faithful to you. Make me generous enough to want sincerely to do your will whatever it may be. Help me to find my true vocation in life and grant that through it I may find happiness myself and bring happiness to others.

 Lord, may those whom you call to enter the priesthood or religious life

have the generosity to answer your call.

St Vincent Pallotti, pray for us. Mary, Mother of Divine Love, pray for us.

------------------------------------------------

 
PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS FOR ITEMS FOR THE NEWSLETTER:
please email stmarystarofthesea.hastings.uk@gmail.com or put through the presbytery letter box in an envelope marked NEWSLETTER. Please send in your notices by the Tuesday of the week preceding the weekend you wish your notices to be published. Also, the newsletter is available to read on our blog http://staroftheseahastings.blogspot.co.uk/

 

CHARISMATIC PRAYER GROUP

Every Tuesday evening from 8pm to 9pm in the presbytery. All are warmly welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment