Monday 10 July 2017

(front of) newsletter, 9th July, 2017

St. Mary Star of the Sea   1 High Street, HASTINGS TN34 3EY
Tel: 01424 421263              Email: stmarystarofthesea.hastings.uk@gmail.com
(Arundel and Brighton Diocesan Trust – Registered Charity 252878)
Society of the Catholic Apostolate (Pallottines)
Parish Priest: Fr Eamonn Monson, SCA          Parish Deacon: Rev. Duncan Brown                                       

Normal Mass Times
Sundays: 6.00pm (Sat), 10.00am, 11.30am. Tuesday to Saturday: 10.00am
Adoration: First Friday of Month 10.30am to 12 noon. Saturdays: 10.30am to 11am.
Sacrament of Reconciliation: Saturdays 10.30am and after the 6.00pm Mass.
FOURTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME      9th JULY 2017    YEAR A  
   Parish Mass Book page: 99

SPECIAL COLLECTION THIS WEEKEND
for the Apostleship of the Sea.
-------------------------------------------------------
PARISH COMMUNITY CLUB
In the Crypt. Entrance via The Bourne. Mondays 10.30am to 12 noon. 
July Programme: 
10th: Coffee and chat
17th: Possibly the work of the YMCA in Hastings – still to be confirmed
24th: Coffee and chat
31st: OLD TOWN WEEK COFFEE MORNING with many stalls. Please support this as proceeds are for charities. Annual subscription: £3. Coffee/tea & biscuits 50p. Do join us.
--------------------------------------------------
NOTICE FROM BISHOP RICHARD
PACT, the Catholic charity for prisoners and their families (www.prisonadvice.co.uk), which is engaged in a project in the Hastings area, supporting ex-prisoners, prisoners’ children and families, and prisoners themselves, is offering free training and support for parishioners interested in volunteering with them in prisons or in the local community. No previous experience is necessary. All enquiries are welcome. To find out more contact ParishAction@prisonadvice.org.uk
---------------------------------------------------
BAPTISM COURSE
There will be a Baptism course in the presbytery on Saturday 2nd September. You are warmly welcome to join us for Mass at 10am before the course starts at 10.30am.  The course ends at 12 noon. Parents requesting Baptism of babies or toddlers on a date in September, October or November are required to attend. Please have a provisional date (preferably a Saturday) in mind when you come. Babies and children welcome.
------------------------------------------------------
PARISH FINANCES
The offertory collection last weekend came to £1024 including cheques and standing orders.
Many thanks to all concerned.

ORDINATIONS TO THE PRIESTHOOD
Please pray for
FR LIAM O’DONOVAN, SCA
and
FR CHARLES LAFFERTY, SCA
who were ordained as Pallottine Priests recently.
We wish them every blessing in their ministry.
Liam will serve in Greenford
 and Charles will serve in Argentina.
------------------------------------------------------------
IN MEMORIAM
Please pray for the repose of the soul of
PATRICIA CROZIER, RIP
who died recently. May she rest in peace.
---------------------------------------------
GIFT AID DONATION STATEMENT LETTERS
for the tax year ended April 2017. There are more up-to-date letters on the table at the back of the church. Please check even though you may already have received one.
DIVINE MERCY GROUP
All are warmly welcome to join us in the presbytery on the following Mondays at 2.30pm:
July 17th, July 31st. There will be no Divine Mercy prayer group during August.
In memory of Fr Bill Hanly, SCA:
MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
Thomas Merton, “Thoughts in Solitude” 

No comments:

Post a Comment