Sunday 27 November 2016

(back of) newsletter, 27th November 2016

RESPONSORIAL PSALM: I rejoiced when I heard them say:
                                              ‘Let us go to God’s house.’

IMPULSES FOR PRAYER: Ps 120 (121);   Mt 25:1-13;   Rv 2:1-7

MEDITATION: 
In the hope that I should delight,
Oh Lord, of seeing You appear,
The thought that I might lose your sight
Doubles my sorrow and my fear.
Living as I do in such fright,
And yearning as I yearn, Poor I
Must die because I do not die.

Oh rescue me from such a death
My God, and give me life, not fear;
Nor keep me bound and struggling here
Within the bonds of living breath.
Look how I long to see you near,
And how in such a plight I lie
Dying because I do not die!
St John of the Cross (d. 1591)

MASS INTENTIONS
Sat 26th November, 6pm: Micheal Mullen, RIP
Sun 27th November, 10am: Dorothy Rodrigues & Deceased Members of Rodrigues Family                                                             11.30am: Fr Seamus, RIP
Tues 29th November: 10am: In Thanksgiving
Wed 30th November, St Andrew, 12 noon: Month’s Mind Mass for Fr Seamus, RIP
Thurs 1st December, 10am: Special Intention
Fri 2nd December, 10am: Thanksgiving St Gerard Majella
Sat 3rd December, St Francis Xavier, 10am: Thanksgiving St Anthony

If you would like a Mass for a special intention or in memory of someone, just go to the presbytery after Mass to book it in and get a Mass card.

PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS FOR ITEMS FOR THE NEWSLETTER:
please email stmarystarofthesea.hastings.uk@gmail.com or put through the presbytery letter box in an envelope marked NEWSLETTER. Please send in your notices by the Tuesday of the week preceding the weekend you wish your notices to be published. Also, the newsletter is available to read on our blog http://staroftheseahastings.blogspot.co.uk/

DIVINE MERCY GROUP WELCOMES you to join us in the presbytery at 2.30pm  on Mondays  5th Dec and 19th Dec.


PARISH COMMUNITY CLUB
In the Crypt. Entrance via The Bourne. Mondays 10.30am to 12 noon. Annual subscription: £3. Non-members welcome: 50p for talks. Coffee/tea & biscuit: 50p.
November programme: Edward Preston   28th: Coffee and chat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please pray for the Snowflake Night Shelter for homeless people, a cause very close to
Fr Seamus’ heart: Jesus, help us to see your face in the eyes of every homeless person;
keep them safe from physical and emotional harm;
give them hope for a better future by the respect, kindness and love shown to them. Amen
Please also pray for those who transport beds and bedding from church to church each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment